[GEM-dev] glsl on ati radeon 9600 with linux

cyrille henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Mon Jan 8 00:05:53 CET 2007

james tittle a écrit :
 >> On Jan 2, 2007, at 1:36 PM, cyrille henry wrote:
 >>> but the patch 18.gl_shading_language does not work.
 >>> the pd log print :
 >>>
 >>> linking: link 1.07374e+09 5.36871e+08
 >>> [glsl_program]: Info_log:
 >>> [glsl_program]:  Link successful. There are no attached shader objects.
 >>> GL: invalid value
 >
 > ...ok, just committed a GL_VERSION_2_0 path for the glsl objects:
 > there's a preprocessor check for GLSL 2.0 or greater, and if found, the
 > internal glsl functions will be compiled instead of using the ARB
 > extension shader functions...
great!

 > ...so could someone test this on windows with an ATI mobility radeon
 > 9600 card?
unfortunaltly, i can't!
i don't have anymore the computer i used few days ago : it is used (with my dirty fix).
i think i'll spend few hours with it friday, but i don't know if i'll have time to try the cvs update / compile.

 > I'm curious as to whether creating shaders and programs
 > generates incredibly large numbers:  theoretically it still can, since
 > it's now using GLuint, but with ARB we were using GLhandleARB, and the
 > results looked suspiciously like memory addresses...

i'm also curious of the result.
i'll do my best to find a computer with ATI gpu and tells you when I do so.

thanks
Cyrille