[GEM-dev] glsl on ati radeon 9600 with linux

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Sun Jan 7 23:55:06 CET 2007

> On Jan 2, 2007, at 1:36 PM, cyrille henry wrote:
>> but the patch 18.gl_shading_language does not work.
>> the pd log print :
>>
>> linking: link 1.07374e+09 5.36871e+08
>> [glsl_program]: Info_log:
>> [glsl_program]:  Link successful. There are no attached shader
>> objects.
>> GL: invalid value

...ok, just committed a GL_VERSION_2_0 path for the glsl objects:
there's a preprocessor check for GLSL 2.0 or greater, and if found,
the internal glsl functions will be compiled instead of using the ARB
extension shader functions...

...so could someone test this on windows with an ATI mobility radeon
9600 card?  I'm curious as to whether creating shaders and programs
generates incredibly large numbers:  theoretically it still can,
since it's now using GLuint, but with ARB we were using GLhandleARB,
and the results looked suspiciously like memory addresses...

jamie