[GEM-dev] MacIntel binaries

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 16:31:34 CET 2007

On 1/9/07, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

> yesterday i had a hard time building Gem on a powerbook pro.

They changed the name to the horrible MacBook Pro.  As a friend of
mine says 'Anytime you have to put the word Pro in the name of your
product, you are in trouble.'

> or even simpler: anyone with a macintel binary lying around?

I have one attached.  The mail list might filter it out though as it is 141Kb.

> PPS: i get loads of deprecation warnings as soon as it comes to
> quicktime-specific function calls. is this normal?

Unfortunately it is normal.  Apple development is managed by a group
of children.  In the near future all of the Quicktime functionality in
GEM will be deprecated on OSX.  Apple expects all OSX Quicktime
development to use Cocoa from now on even though it is incomplete,
lacks the decade or more of stress testing in the current Carbon based
API and not appropriate for the vast majority of Quicktime
applications.