[GEM-dev] 'official' support?

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 17:18:48 CET 2007

Looking over the bug and error reports the past six months shows the
majority of them coming from hardware and software configurations I do
not and cannot not test (and probably would not want to run either).
Would it make any difference to post a list of 'official'
configurations which we develop and test?

Linux with Nvidia binary drivers
Windows with ATI and Nvidia hardware and binary drivers
OSX with ATI and Nvidia hardware

Maybe list a minimum GPU (Radeon 9000, Geforce 4, etc) and OS versions?

While we won't do anything to block GEM from running on other
configurations this statement would spell out what we have the
resources to target.  Anything not on the list we cannot reasonably
test and people should know that those might not run as expected and
problems may not get fixed.

Or is this just officious?