[GEM-dev] 'official' support?

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 15:16:02 CET 2007

On 1/10/07, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

> i think that it is only fair for the "end-user" to have an idea on which
> platforms (hard and soft) the developers work and on which
> configuration a certain release is known to work.
> this has nothing to do with "dropping support" for free drivers.

This is exactly my point stating that the developers have limited resources
and target certain configurations explicitly.  While other setups may work
we have no way to know that when testing code.  As it is we cover a huge
range of systems with minimal resources and I do not feel that we are too
restrictive in our coverage.