[GEM-dev] gem export to .obj

cyrille henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Sun Feb 18 01:03:34 CET 2007

chris clepper a écrit :
> I don't know how to get the display list data.  There is no glGetList()
> in my GL references and no info on how display list geometry is
> arranged.  The Geos don't share their geometry in the GemState so there
> is no way to grab that outside the object.
>
> The vertex_array objects have the possibility of making a .obj or other
> file from the data passed in the GemState.

ok, so the only only solution i see is :
1) record all operation (translate / rotate / scale etc) in a text file and compute vertex position with this data. this can be done with
abstractions, but quite complex and boring to compute.
2) use something like this :
http://ogle.eyebeamresearch.org/

does anyone have heard of something like ogle but for linux?

thanks
cyrille