[GEM-dev] Gem patches to fix DV4L bugs and crashes

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico.bukvic at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 01:13:06 CET 2007

As promised, here's the final report on the merged patches:

1) the proposed alteration to the pix_videoNEW.cpp fix works perfectly.

2) merged patches in the videoDV4L.cpp are ok too except that stderr
message "dropped at least n frames" does not have a newline at the end
now that it is being routed to stderr, resulting in a less legible
output. I am currently away from my Linux box so here's the excerpt
from the online CVS browser:

videoDV4L.cpp:
102     if (dvst.dropped_frames > 0) {
103       fprintf(stderr,"dv1394: dropped at least %d frames.",
dvst.dropped_frames);
104     }

Line 103 needs to have a \n after "frames."

3) the proposed hack to force OpenGL 1.5 also works like a charm thus
keeping at least the ARB functions in the glsl files available (not
sure if this makes any difference but IMHO it sure seems to me better
way than deleting files prior to compiling). It would be nice to have
this included as a configure flag since fglrx drivers continue to lack
a list of 2.0 specs. For more info on this topic, please see my
previous e-mail.

Many thanks for all the help!

Best wishes,

Ico