[GEM-dev] modifying gemframebuffer object

maciej wojnicki maciejwojnicki at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 5 16:46:57 CET 2007

Hello

I`m a regular user of gem that doesn`t do programming himself but thought of some improvment that would extense gem possibilities a lot (in my oppinion).

Is it possible to modify the gemframebuffer object so that its outlet would not be plugged into the right inlet of pix_texture but to the left inlet of any pix object.??

That way a 2d processing of 3d objects would be finnaly possible in gem and all the video effects such as motion blur and others could be easily achived on 3d.

Right now using pix_snap can give some good results but then the 3d object is still visible in gem window in its raw unprocessed form while using geframebuffer could allow to render few independent layers of 3d objects and then combining them all in a 2d manner in gem window. That would be a great advantage, at least for me.

... as I suppose if this modification could be easily then probably it would be already done that way since advantages are so obvious. While it is done the other way then I assume my solution is more complicated/impossible in gem.

But if it could be done in the way I proposed then PLEASE do this.
It would be funtastic.
2d postprocessing of 3d layers is one of the things I truly miss in gem

greets.

maciej