[GEM-dev] another videoDV4L bug

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico.bukvic at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 03:57:33 CET 2007

I just realized this was sent to the wrong gem list DOH!

Hi all,

Here's another problem I just discovered (surprisingly took me quite a while
to notice it...).

With the latest videoDV4L.cpp code, the video output has screwed up RGB.
Namely, red colors appear to be blue. So do yellows. Greens and grays look
orange etc.

When I tried altering code as follows:

dv_decode_full_frame(m_decoder, videobuf, e_dv_color_yuv, &decodedbuf,
pitches); //changed e_dv_color_yuv to e_dv_color_rgb

m_image.image.fromYVYU(decodedbuf); //changed to fromRGB

This makes colors OK, it also signficantly lowers CPU usage, but the image
is now mangled with bottom having bunch of junk and top half being split
into 3 mirror images of the actual image.

Any ideas what can be done to address this?

Best wishes,

Ico