[GEM-dev] Fwd: another videoDV4L bug

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Mar 19 09:56:55 CET 2007

Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
> Another forwarded message:
>
> Hmm, I think I figured it out.
>
> After
>
> m_image.image.fromYVYU(decodedbuf);
>
> I added
>
> m_image.image.swapRedBlue();
>
> and now it works. Strange... I guess this should be added as a patch (at
> least on Linux DV).

i will have a look at this.
the thing with the swapRedBlue() is, that it does not always have to be
applied (that's why there is this function(); if it was clear how to
decode the data correctly, then we i would do that before calling the
swapRedBlue())

unfortunately it is mostly not that simple (e.g. my philips-toUcam
(driver) somehow presents data with red and blue swapped when accessed
via V4L; i cannot just add swapRedBlue() to the code, since then all
other devices will have red and blue swapped (and they would even need
cpu power for getting the wrong colors).

i am pretty sure that i got correct colors, last time i used DV4L....

mfg.asdr