[GEM-dev] pix_resize very greedy?

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Mon Mar 19 23:23:46 CET 2007

Hey all,

I'm using pix_resize and pix_dump to feed the ann_som object with some
image data. pix_resize subsamples down to 4x3 pixels.

With pix_resize in the chain PD uses 56% or so. When I take pix_resize out
PD drops down to 13%. oprofile does not see much difference in Gem's
relative usage in either case, see attachments.

I'm feeding pix_resize with pix_image at 640x480 @ 30fps.

Any suggestions on optimizing this? or better ways to subsample an image?
pix_zoom seems to do nothing on my machines...

Thanks
.b.