[GEM-dev] Fwd: another videoDV4L bug

Thoralf Schulze thoralf_schulze at yahoo.de
Wed Mar 21 15:41:34 CET 2007

hi ivica,

> to the gem object. My
> understanding is that you can have as many gem
> objects in a patch and each
> with different FPS. So for instance, frame 20 will
> give you 20 fps on that
> gem tree.

yes, you're right. but if I'm not totally mistaken,
there is no way to reduce the resolution of the frames
delivered by pix_video on linux - so you just have to
live with the high cpu usage caused by pix_video (or,
for that matter, libdv - cannot check right now) in
conjunction with ieee1394 hardware at "normal" frame
rates.
i'd anytime favour a solution that delivers 25 fps
with a 360x288 resolution and causes 20% cpu usage
over one with 10fps at 720x576 and 50% cpu load.

with kind regards,
thoralf.