[GEM-dev] Gem Compiling os x xcode problems

nosehair911 at bellsouth.net nosehair911 at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 30 15:31:47 CEST 2007

I've been trying unsuccessfully to compile Gem with font support for PPC running os 10.4.9.  I was
able to compile freetype2 and FTGL and got Gem to compile by turning off some things that were not
necessary and setting some paths in Xcode but it builds with 91 warnings and when I attempt to load
it in pd I get this:

/Applications/PD/Pd-0.39.2-extended-test7.app/Contents/Resources/
Scripts/../extra/Gem.pd_darwin: dlopen(/Applications/PD/Pd-0.39.2-
extended-test7.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/Gem.pd_darwin,
10): Symbol not found: __ZN7GemSIMDD1Ev
Referenced from: /Applications/PD/Pd-0.39.2-extended-test7.app/
Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/Gem.pd_darwin
Expected in: flat namespace

Gem: can't load library

I turned off the markex stuff, GemDrag, GemOutput, Gemorb, Gemwindow, Gemtablet, orb, orbserial,
Gemextwin, some pix linux stuff and pixfilm stuff that it could not find. Thats it. I really need a current
version of Gem with font support for my project. I don't really know where to go from here. Would
appreciate some help.

Thanks,
Alain