[GEM-dev] recent Gem.dll for windows

geiger at xdv.org geiger at xdv.org
Wed May 2 15:06:53 CEST 2007

Quoting chris clepper <cgclepper at gmail.com>:

> On 5/1/07, geiger at xdv.org <geiger at xdv.org> wrote:
>
> > Yes, I have tried some of them. But maybe the wrong ones, because they
> > weren't built on a daily basis. Also the pix_film object was crashing
> > so I thought they might not be what is used nowadays for production work.
> > Do you have a link to a specific one. Or a suggestion of which pd extended
> > version I could use for the purpose ?
>
> Which verson of GEM (build date) and what type of file causes the
> crash?  I fixed the Quicktime crash and the DirectShow code runs
> pretty well apart from some codec bugs (libavcodec in particular).

Its not a specific file, as soon as I have a pix_film object in the patch
it crashes. This happens to the pd-extended version (april 17) as well
as to the snapshot you pointed me to. The stable 0.90.1 version from
2004 works.

I have also tried on several machines, all Windows XP.
What I normally do is just to drop Gem.dll into the extra folder and
instantiate via the [Gem] object in the patch (if this matters).

I tried yesterday the whole day to compile Gem, unfortunately I only
have VC7 (Edition 2005 or such). I haven´t figured
out yet how to set the linker flags in order to produce a loadable Gem.dll.

Günter