[GEM-dev] recent Gem.dll for windows

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed May 2 17:23:24 CEST 2007

geiger at xdv.org wrote:
> Quoting chris clepper <cgclepper at gmail.com>:
>
>> On 5/1/07, geiger at xdv.org <geiger at xdv.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, I have tried some of them. But maybe the wrong ones, because they
>>> weren't built on a daily basis. Also the pix_film object was crashing
>>> so I thought they might not be what is used nowadays for production work.
>>> Do you have a link to a specific one. Or a suggestion of which pd extended
>>> version I could use for the purpose ?
>> Which verson of GEM (build date) and what type of file causes the
>> crash?  I fixed the Quicktime crash and the DirectShow code runs
>> pretty well apart from some codec bugs (libavcodec in particular).
>

> More info, it seems its not the pix_film put the pix_texture object
> that causes the crash. Do I have to install some OpenGL extensions
> or something ?

ah, this seems to be related to the glew fake-support (where all
gl-functions appear to be available, but eventually return null-pointers)

get a decent graphics card ;-)
most likely it is just the rectangle textures that need to be supported.
(and the default w32 drivers are openGL-1.2 or so... which do not have
rectangle textures)

probably it is sufficient to disable rectangle texturing in [pix_texture]

mfg.asdr