[GEM-dev] [pix_video]: issue with swapped colors

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue May 8 18:56:22 CEST 2007

On Tue, 8 May 2007, Roman Haefeli wrote:

> yeah, i am pretty sure. if i record it to a file.mov, i can swap R and
> B, when playing with mplayer and then it looks fine. a similar issue,
> but with wrong colorspace, i have in gridflow with the same usb-cam,
> therefor i know, how it looks, when rgb is displayed as yuv.

If you try (R,B) swapping correction, but somehow tones of orange look
too yellow and tones of cyan look too blue, the problem was actually a
(U,V) swapping problem. (I mentioned this in gem-dev archives)

Besides, with recent versions of GridFlow, USB cams don't have to be
handled as YUV and the default conversion is to RGB, and it's much faster
than in version 0.8.4.