[GEM-dev] [PD] Gem Compiling os x xcode problems

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed May 9 06:49:15 CEST 2007

Actually, using Fink, I have scripted the build system to
automatically include any dynamic libs that are needed.  This is
already working well for ogg, vorbis, speex, and now PDP stuff.  I
see no reason why it shouldn't work for Gem too.

If you look in Pd.app/Contents/lib you can see all the included .dylibs.

.hc

On May 8, 2007, at 10:24 PM, Nose Hair wrote:

> I tested last nights auto-build and it still says gem is compiled
> without font support.  I will give tonight's build a shot and let
> you know.  BTW I think that a static lib pointing to the X11
> freetype is the way to go because if someone already  has x11
> installed they don't have to compile and install freetype from
> scratch.  It's not hard but it would be more of a pain as opposed
> to installing the X11 package from their Tiger DVD.
> Alain
>
> On May 8, 2007, at 9:00 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>

>> Does freetype have to be statically linked?  Will it work with
>> dynamic?  Right now, the auto-build compiles with a dynamic
>> freetype lib, and I have a script that includes all the required
>> dynamic libs.
>>
>> .hc
>>
>> On May 8, 2007, at 10:26 AM, chris clepper wrote:
>>
>>> Use static linking for freetype and FTGL on OSX.
>>>
>>> On 5/8/07, nosehair911 at bellsouth.net < nosehair911 at bellsouth.net>
>>> wrote:
>>> I have gotten Gem to compile sucesfully with font support using
>>> the xcode project somewhat. I get 1125
>>> warnings, mainly this is the location of the previous
>>> definition.  My biggets problem is that in my machine
>>> I have the latest freetype under usr/local/lib and I also have
>>> the freetype that comes with x11 under usr/
>>> X11R6/lib.  When I load gen in my machine it loads up fine with
>>> text support, but when I load up gem in a
>>> machine with only the freetype in usr/X11R6/lib Gem will not load
>>> up because it keeps looking for the
>>> libfreetype.6.dylib in usr/local/lib.  I dont know how to remedy
>>> this.  Any help would be great.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Alain

>> -------
>>
>> All information should be free.  - the hacker ethic

----

                   ¡El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!