[GEM-dev] [pix_video]: issue with swapped colors

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Wed May 9 10:18:50 CEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-09 at 09:01 +0200, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> > is it possible to _slightly_ change the source code of [pix_video], so
> > that R- and G-subpixels are swapped?
>
> the change is trivial and has been done a lot of times, until it was
> confirmed that it is just the detection of the device's colorspace that
> is wrong.

if it is only one line, can you tell me what i have to change? it was
only meant to have it different locally, not to be changed in the gem
source code.

> > if yes, would it be possible with reasonable little effort to copy the
> > source of [pix_video] to a new object called e.g. [pix_videoBGR], so
> > that i can decide at runtime, which version i want to use?
>
> no way!
> a request for 2 different objects so that you "can decide at runtime" is
> a contradiction, isn't it?

sorry for the confusion, i didn't meant it as a feature request or as
something you you ae asked to implement in gem. i am not a c coder nor
did i write an external for pd yet, but i hoped, i could copy the file
pix_video.c to pix_videoLOCAL.c, which is slightly modified, so that i
have two [pix_video] objects on (only) my box. if it's only the work of
changing some strings from pix_video  to pix_videoLOCAL o similar, i'd
like to do it, but i don't know, if adding a new object to gem is that
simple.

roman