[GEM-dev] [pix_video]: issue with swapped colors

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu May 10 01:21:11 CEST 2007

On Thu, 10 May 2007, Roman Haefeli wrote:

> though i probably don't have a deep understanding of these things, i
> think you are right.
> i made some screenshots on:
> http://www.romanhaefeli.net/gem/

from the screenshots, it's not obvious that the problem is like that,
because the colours as they are don't look unlikely, they look like they
are just lit with yellowish light (fluor or neon), or that the chroma
balance is off. With histograms, evidence could be a lot more telling that
my semi-trained eyes, but even that could depend on the quality of the
camera sensors. So really, the only way to know is to either make the
reasoning that I made and check that it makes sense, or experimentally
verify by using the same camera in different circumstances (e.g. in
MS-Windows).