[GEM-dev] Gem doesn't find FTGL unless build has been run before

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu May 10 06:11:13 CEST 2007

Something funky is going on with the Gem build system.  For the auto-
builds, it does not include FTGL and freetype.  But if I go in and
then run the build manually in the same place, it works.

You can see in the build logs, ./configure is run twice.  The first
time without the required args, the second time with.  I removed the
dep on $(gem_src)/src/configure from the Gem.pd_darwin target, I
think this should fix this.

----

All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies,
one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better
language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John Donne