[GEM-dev] [pix_video]: issue with swapped colors

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu May 10 09:43:39 CEST 2007

Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Wed, 9 May 2007, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>
>> another way (less efficient, and wrong if matju is right):
>> videoV4L.cpp:173: add "m_image.image.swapRedBlue();"
>
> In my last mail, I didn't claim that the problem was surely (U,V)
> swapping, I said that it was a possibility, but now I think I should
> have said that it's almost certainly that.

yes; the "if matju is right" was not meant as a criticism; i intended to
say something like "if matju is right (which btw i do not really doubt)"

the solution why i proposed this is, that it is a simpler solution to
get some "almost" correct results....

> Therefore, U and V come as correct through the cable and the driver
> and/or the GEM object confuses them.

i do not doubt this; however it seems like i have some fundamental
misunderstanding on the colorspace-definitions since i cannot get it right.

mfga.srd