[GEM-dev] gem framerate acuracy

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Tue May 15 19:07:23 CEST 2007

cyrille henry wrote:
> hello,
> i'm using apple intermediate codec.

here is my story so far:
I have experienced that using a wrong codec or color mode can strongly
affect the cpu. even if you are on a mac, gem does not support all the
driver features of other mac native programs (as far as I know). the
fastest codec for me was fotojpeg. uyvy would be the fastest colormode,
but I think that is not supported on gem too, and not at all on
non-macs. the apple intermediate codec seems to be almost fotojpeg, but
if not supported by gem still a codec that has to be reencoded to be
playable within gem.
otoh that will increase your filesize even more...
marius.