[GEM-dev] best way to wrap opencv library for noob

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri May 18 01:31:54 CEST 2007

On Thu, 17 May 2007, nosehair911 at bellsouth.net wrote:

> Thanks for your help, I'm gonna try hard to make gridflow work os x.

Oh. This is OSX ? GridFlow is slower than normal on OSX G3/G4/G5, but I
don't know whether this problem extends to OSX intel.

Also, the GEM/GridFlow conversion objects don't work because most versions
of Pd on OSX prevent externals from referring to each other's contents,
because GridFlow needs to assign to variables CPPExtern::m_holder and
CPPExtern::m_holdname.

If a GEM expert may help me: it needs to do so in this way:

#ifdef HAVE_GEM
         CPPExtern::m_holder = (t_object *)bself;
#ifdef HAVE_HOLDNAME
         CPPExtern::m_holdname = "keep_gem_happy";
#endif
#ifdef HAVE_GEM
         CPPExtern::m_holder = NULL;
#ifdef HAVE_HOLDNAME