[GEM-dev] gem framerate acuracy

cyrille henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Tue May 29 19:58:02 CEST 2007

hello,

finally, i put all movie in a fast usb flash, and it help to remove the biger problem.

then, an other problem came from the diferent rendering frequency of the gemwin (50fps) and the screen (60 or more).
i now render the gemwin at 60fps, just like the screen, and the render frequency is lot's more stable.
(so the video is lot's more smooth).

moreover, if i create a gemwin 200, i get a 60fps output (as openGL is sincronize to the screen) and the framerate is even more stable. unfortunatly, this halt the pd clock for audio synthesis and create audio drop at every frames.

thanks chris and everyone else for the help. it was really useful.

cyrille