[GEM-dev] missing [pix_write], that does only take pixes

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 17:38:07 CEST 2007

On 6/5/07, Roman Haefeli <reduzierer at yahoo.de> wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-06-05 at 10:05 -0500, chris clepper wrote:
> > I suppose pix_write could have two modes: one for capturing the GL
> > backbuffer and one for working with pix_ frames.  That is about as
> > good/bad as pix_image_write for a solution.
>
> sorry to stick with this, but will there be such a thing in future
> versions of gem?

The certainly could be.  I guess we just have to decide on which way
to do it.  pix_image_write is fine with me.

This is actually not a bad starter project for someone looking to
figure out how GEM pix_ processing works.  It doesn't require any per
pixel loops and you have to dig around in some base classes to get the
image exporter function.