[GEM-dev] can't get pix_movie working (follow-up)

Matteo.sistisette matteo.sistisette at email.it
Thu Jun 14 13:28:26 CEST 2007

I tried gem-CVS20060412-NT-i686-bin and it works (renders the video and does
not show the error at every frame - only appears once).

However, the video is rendered at a lower quality than with version
gem-0.90.1-W32-i586-bin.

To give you an idea of what I mean with "lower quality", it looks like just
as if the video had a higher compression / lower bitrate.

It is definitely NOT a matter of "only solid colors". I don't know whether
it is a matter of decoding (since looks like higher compression) or of
scaling/interpolation (since it may be said that it looks more "pixelated")
- I am displaying a 720x576 (non interlaced) video on a 800x600 window.

I'm testing all on the same machine with the same patch and same video: I
only switch between gem versions.

On gem-0.90.1-W32-i586-bin, the video renders exactly as I can see it in the
Windows Media Player or on any other player: it renders "as it is" at its
full quality. Which is how it should be rendered. But that version of GEM is
very old and unstable: it sometimes crashes. That's why I'd like to be able
to use the latest version.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks a lot

Matteo Sisti Sette