[GEM-dev] Gem in Chromium

Alex Norman alex at neisis.net
Sun Jun 17 18:06:00 CEST 2007

Recently I have been successful getting Gem running over Chromium:
http://chromium.sourceforge.net/

After disabling all of the non-chromium compatible extensions I could via
compile time flags :
 ./configure --with-glversion=1.5 --disable-ARB --disable-NV

I was still having problems with glDeleteFramebuffersEXT and other frame buffer
commands not being defined when I ran via chromium.

I didn't see a compile option that allowed me to disable these frame buffer
commands, so I added this:

#undef GL_EXT_framebuffer_object

to src/Controls/gemframebuffer.cpp

after the includes.

and now gem works via chromium.  Maybe the Gem developers could add [or suggest
one that already exists] a compile time option to disable these commands, so
that others might be able to use chromium with gem as well.

-Alex