[GEM-dev] DV resolution (was Re: can't get pix_movie working (follow-up))

Matteo.sistisette matteo.sistisette at email.it
Mon Jun 18 16:19:23 CEST 2007

> ... this version is not compiled with directshow support.
> else it would read "pix_film:: directshow support" somewhere.
> "avi suport" refers to the old win98 avi decoding code. (cannot remember
> the correct terminus)

Oh! Thanks for clearing this out. I thought that "avi support" was a synonim
of "directshow support".

So, maybe DirectShow support is not that stable: the version that does have
directshow support (gem-CVS20060914-W32-i686-bin) crashes.....

I've found a "workaround" (and round and round...) for the quicktime one: I
open every single avi with quicktime pro, check the "high quality" options
and save it as mov (it seems not to recode or touch video data at all, only
sets a flag in the file). So the movs now will play at full resolution. Have
to check whether this affects stability or resource usage when working with
the many movies.
I wonder why there's not such a flag as a default setting for quicktime to
apply to all movies!!
(no, I don't wonder why: it's in order to sell quick time pro)

If anybody knows a way to do this in batch that would help :)

Thanks everybody for the help

bye
m.

 Sponsor:
 Vespa Shopping OnLine: abbigliamento, accessori, gift, libri e modellini
griffati Vespa. Registrati e subito scopri tutti gli articoli della
collezione!

 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=6717&d=20070618