[GEM-dev] undefined symbol: glUniform2i on Ubuntu

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Jul 20 12:26:38 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Roman Haefeli hat gesagt: // Roman Haefeli wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 07:46 +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>
> > Other solutions AFAIR are in the list archives: You need to compile
> > Gem with a lower GL version.
>
> is this only on ati-cards? i have an ati and i need to use the flag
> '--with-glversion=1.5' for gem-configure, whereas i know someone with an
> nvidia-card, who doesn't need that option.

It's also for Intel and Matrox cards. Additionally Pd will crash, if
you close the Gem-window there, and some Mesa-DRI versions
additionally don't show anything at all in the Gem-window. This
started with the previous Mesa-developer version, I think 6.5.2. I
didn't dare to confirm this with the newest 7.0 stable Mesa-DRI yet
and won't do so at least until I've successfully finished my
performance with the older Mesa at pd~conv. (These persisting problems
make me consider to switch to something like Python-GL anyway.)

Ciao