[GEM-dev] undefined symbol: glUniform2i on Ubuntu

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Fri Jul 20 19:30:43 CEST 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 13:22 -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> On Jul 20, 2007, at 1:46 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>
> > Hallo,
> > Hans-Christoph Steiner hat gesagt: // Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> >
> >> When running the recent Pd-0.39.2-extended rc builds and the
> >> Pd-0.40.3-extended builds, people (including
> >> me) are getting this error, and Gem doesn't work:
> >>
> >> /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/Gem.pd_linux:
> >> /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/Gem.pd_linux: undefined symbol: glUniform2i
> >> Gem: can't load library
> >>
> >> Currently, the solution that people have been doing is using very old
> >> binaries.
> >
> > Other solutions AFAIR are in the list archives: You need to compile
> > Gem with a lower GL version.
>
> Hmm, ok, I can try that.  I was searching the archives, but didn't
> find any recommended solution.  What would be the disadvantage of
> that?

iirc, all glsl specific stuff won't be available then, though i don't
know what 'glsl specific stuff' and thus have no idea, what it really
means.
i just remember, that before using '--with-glversion=1.5' i just deleted
all files, that matched the pattern 'glsl*.cpp' in order to avoid the
same error.

roman