[GEM-dev] pix_buffer_read alters pix_buffer contents?

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Wed Aug 15 20:10:39 CEST 2007

Hey all,

I'm using pix_buffers to store images, and using various gemchains with
pix_buffer_read to represent those same images in different ways.

The problem I'm having is that it seems that putting a pix_mask below
pix_buffer_read will actually add that alpha channel to the pix_buffer.
The contents of the image actually change.

I expect pix_buffer_read to only read, and never alter the contents of
the buffer.

I tried a bunch of methods, but no matter what I do the only way to
clear the alpha added by pix_buffer_read is to reload an image into
pix_buffer using pix_buffer_write.

Perhaps a new object pix_stripalpha ?

Attached is a demo patch.

Any ideas for workaround would be appreciated.

.b.