[GEM-dev] how the get framerate of GEM in a pix_ object ?

Georg Holzmann grh at mur.at
Sat Aug 18 16:21:10 CEST 2007

Hallo!

> Now I get what you want to do.  You just want the framerate the gemwin
> is set to and not the actual real-world times.  The framerate output

yes !

> Since you just want a single time value can't you have this set at the
> patch level?

well, I could, but I think this is not very user friendly (in gstreamer
you need this for read and write object - so one would have to send the
Gem framerate to th object before writing or reading a video file ...)

> I tried this with the QT recordings but it didn't work
> well at all because the actual time between frames can vary quite a bit.

yes, but thats no problem in the gstreamer case. the time can vary
between the single frames ...

LG
Georg