[GEM-dev] added me as a developer

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Wed Sep 12 22:42:07 CEST 2007

Hey all,

For those who don't know me:

Ben Bogart is an artist working in installation, audio-visual
improvisation and software development. His installations create content
live in response to their sensed environment. He works in an Open Source
context and makes all the software he develops, that is of general use
available under the GPL. Physical modeling, chaos, feedback systems and
evolutionary algorithms have been used to inform and engage in his
creative process. Ben is the author of the pixelTANGO visual performance
software hosted by the Societe des arts technologues in Montreal,
Canada. “Resurfacing” is Ben’s latest project, produced in collaboration
with Donna Marie Vakalis. Ben is now a graduate student in the School of
Interactive Arts and Technology at Simon Fraser University and is a
member of the international art collective Goto10. Serving as the
Project Manager for the Pure-Data Documentation Project (PDDP), Ben is
working on a curriculum for electronic media arts based solely around
Open Source tools. Ben’s current work deals with computational
implementations of embodied creativity and memory.

I'm looking forward to working with Gem documentation as part of the
PDDP project and contributing examples here and there.

Oh and I've been using Gem for all my art projects the last few years.

.b.