[GEM-dev] [pix_texture]: how to make 'mode 0' default?

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 20:14:02 CEST 2007

On 9/20/07, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

> anyhow, probably i'll do that tomorrow:
> how about an environment variable "GEM_RECTANGLE_TEXTURE" which could be
> set to "0" to prevent the use of rectangle textures. (unset or 1 would
> check for rectangle-support of the driver before enabling it)

Is this just for Linux?  The problem doesn't exist on OSX and I'm not sure
how many people know how to adjust environment variables under Windows.  I
have never seen much performance difference between the two modes under
Windows either.

Can you try a GLEW test for this?  I know we have talked about using GLEW
for a long time, and this seems like a good one to start with.

cgc