[GEM-dev] [pix_texture]: how to make 'mode 0' default?

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Sep 20 23:49:54 CEST 2007

Quoting chris clepper <cgclepper at gmail.com>:

> On 9/20/07, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:
>>
>> anyhow, probably i'll do that tomorrow:
>> how about an environment variable "GEM_RECTANGLE_TEXTURE" which could be
>> set to "0" to prevent the use of rectangle textures. (unset or 1 would
>> check for rectangle-support of the driver before enabling it)
>

> Is this just for Linux?  The problem doesn't exist on OSX and I'm not sure
> how many people know how to adjust environment variables under Windows.  I
> have never seen much performance difference between the two modes under
> Windows either.
>
> Can you try a GLEW test for this?  I know we have talked about using GLEW
> for a long time, and this seems like a good one to start with.

this would of course be better (if it works; if it really is a buggy
driver thing, then i don't think that glew will be able to detect it)

roman, could you please try to install "glew" (if you are on
debian|ubuntu, there is a package, called "libglew1" (or was it
"glew"?)) and run "glewinfo"; then send me/us the output of this?

mfg.asdr