[GEM-dev] pdlua + luagl + Gem (was: automated drawing in gem?)

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 04:55:15 CEST 2007

Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:
 > marius schebella wrote:
 >  > when I create a [lua] object in pd i get an error
 >
 > I don't have any Mac OS X machines to test with, so it's probably a bug
 > in the pdlua Makefile.  I'll look at some other Makefiles to see what
 > special voodoo OS X requires (I think the bug is that lua.pd_darwin
 > should be able to see symbols in the pd executable, but can't for some
 > reason).

hi claude,
maybe pdlua is the problem, but I think I rather messed up the lua
installation itself. I used fink to install the latest lua version (5.1)
and lua-dev, which is probably not the same as luaGL???
is luaGL a part of lua, or is luaGL a standalone lua library with built
in GL? i.e. do I have to compile lua with luaGL or only luaGL?
and after I compiled lua (luaGL?) and pdlua, and added -lib lua to the
pd startup, is that all I have to do to get your example patches
working? or am I missing another step?
marius.

 > Moreover, creating a [lua] object isn't supposed to work yet (it's
 > intended to be used with -lib lua) - but I will add that feature soon.

ok, I suppose that is where the canvas_load error comes from.

 > Also, I just want to note that pdlua is very fresh/new/alpha, and will
 > probably change incompatibly at various points until something vaguely
 > useable emerges.

thanks so far!
marius.