[GEM-dev] [pix_texture]: how to make 'mode 0' default?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Sep 25 12:55:29 CEST 2007

Roman Haefeli wrote:

>> furthermore, could you change the lines around GemMan.cpp:1180 from
>
> i reverted everything to the actual cvs revision, i applied the changes in GemMan.cpp:1180,
> i deleted the files 'Manips/glsl_*.cpp', and i compiled gem:
>
> ./configure
>
> there was apparently no need to disable the openGL wrappers.
>
> i started pd -lib Gem, loaded pix_texture-help.pd, loaded an 628x537px image and i tried
> both modes:
>
> [pix_texture]: using mode 0: TEXTURE_2D
> print: 1 0.613281 0.524414 3553 0
>
> [pix_texture]: using mode 1: TEXTURE_RECTANGLE
> print: 1 0.613281 0.524414 3553 0

oops sorry i was unclear here: i thought, in addition to applying my
first patch, you should change the lines mentioned.

then you should get some additionaly information when turning rendering
on (or loading Gem,...) telling you something like "ARB texturing" or
"EXT texturing" or "rectangle texturing support = 0"
i would be interested in those 2 lines.

(before you do that, i would also be interested in what these lines say
now, that you have reverted to CVS)

> is deleting Manips/glsl_*.cpp the recommended way to get Gem working here? this is what
> i actually did some months ago, but someone on this list suggested using the flag
> '--with-glversion=1.5' instead.
> disabling the wrappers seems not to be necessary in my case.

deleting the files is NOT the recommended way.
but when you force the max-GL version to be 1.5, you will also disable
some other stuff (among them some retangle texturing stuff, which we are
currently trying to debug)
that is why i asked you to delete the files (in the unrecommended way)
and compile with "full" openGL support.

if you want we probably should do this via a more interactive session
(like irc)

fgmasdr