[GEM-dev] GemPBuffer.cpp:304: error: invalid conversion from 'long int*' to 'GLint*'

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Sep 26 18:15:26 CEST 2007

chris clepper wrote:
> On 9/26/07, *IOhannes m zmoelnig* <zmoelnig at iem.at
> <mailto:zmoelnig at iem.at>> wrote:
>
>     2 questions:
>     - shouldn't the fix rather be the use of (GLint) as the type for npf
>     than a cast?
>

> I'm not sure what the difference between GLint and int are in the first
> place.  I think this might be an inconsistency in the latest Apple
> Nvidia headers since there is no problem with the ATI ones here or
> previous Nvidia ones.

i see. a quick look at
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/GraphicsImaging/Reference/CGL_OpenGL/Reference/reference.html
reveals that the 3rd parameter _is_ a "long" and not a "GLint".
ifthis is the authoritive reference, then of course this bug should be
fixed in the header files (whoever is responsible for them; not us at least)

>     - for some unknown reasons your commits do not show up at the gem-cvs
>     mailinglist. do you have any idea why this could be? it works for all
>     other commits (e.g. me, hcs,...)
>

> When I do a commit it says:
>
> Checking in GemPBuffer.cpp;
> /cvsroot/pd-gem/Gem/src/Base/GemPBuffer.cpp,v  <--  GemPBuffer.cpp
> new revision: 1.6; previous revision: 1.5
> done
> Mailing pd-gem-cvs at lists.sourceforge.net...
> Generating notification message...
> Generating notification message... done.
>
> That should send a mail right?

yes. probably i should file a bug-report at sourceforge...

fm.asdr