[GEM-dev] texture coords for glsl

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 15:01:51 CEST 2007

hi,
sorry to be bothering, I asked that question some days ago on the pd
list, maybe the gem-dev is the better place to ask.
I am referring to a mail from the summer between cyrille and chris, but
can't find it anymore.

I am trying to get more multitexture glsl stuff working. the problem I
am having right now is that I don't know how to pass the rectangle
coords of the second texture to the glsl program.
in the example I got, it looks like only the coords of one texture are
used...
vec4 color = texture2DRect(MyTex, texcoord1);
vec4 color2 = texture2DRect(MyTex1, texcoord1);

but in another shader I got

texcoord0 = vec2(gl_TextureMatrix[0] * gl_MultiTexCoord0);
texcoord1 = vec2(gl_TextureMatrix[1] * gl_MultiTexCoord1);

and that does not work.

I wondered how glsl knows the size of the first texture and I tried to
have both textures in one render chain, but that did not work.
in the mail I mentioned above read that I can send a message to the glsl
program to tell it the coords. how do I do that?

or should this work, and I am only using an old GEM version (0.91-cvs
from july29)

thanks, marius.