[GEM-dev] glsl sample3d textures

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 17:23:02 CEST 2007

Dave Griffiths wrote:
> Have you tried the noise command? It's in the spec, but I think it's hit
> and miss how much vendors support it.
>
> It's better to generate these procedurally to avoid the memory
> requirements, I'm sure there is some perlin glsl source around if your
> driver doesn't support it.

my questions are a combination of learning glsl and testing the features
of gem. I am trying to get some shaders work in pd that I found included
in xcode. these shaders that have a bunch of code in a seperate file
(not vert and frag). I don't know how to implement this in glsl_program
or any other gem render chain...

what is the noise command?

marius.