[GEM-dev] desperate - Intel GM965 in Windows XP: OpenGL issue??

matteo sisti sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 17:51:55 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am desperate: on a new laptop with a Mobile Intel GM965 Express
integrated chipset, when trying to reproduce a video in GEM (with a
pix_movie connected to a rectangle), it eats up 100% of one CPU and
runs at less than 10 fps.

It seems like it is not using the GPU so the CPU is working.

The very same patch (and much more) with the very same version of GEM
runs smoothly on 7 or more other computers (all Windows XP), some of
them with similar (but not identical) Mobile Intel graphics chipsets
(e.g. 965GM), some with other vendors' gpu's (e.g. NVIDIA GeForce)

I installed the most recent drivers from Intel, nothing changed.

Any idea?

Thanks
m.

P.S. sorry for posting the same issue again: I just thought the
bit.

--
Matteo Sisti Sette
matteosistisette at gmail.com