[GEM-dev] Gem/src/Pixes pix_record.h,1.9,1.10

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Oct 5 15:56:56 CEST 2007

hi.

fast response...!

chris clepper wrote:
> On 10/5/07, *IOhannes m zmoelnig* <zmoelnig at iem.at
> <mailto:zmoelnig at iem.at>> wrote:
>
>     oops, seems like you haven't checked whether it still compiles after
>     merging with my last commits (which basically were the same as the ones
>     you committed; which resulted in double definitions within
>     pix_record.h)
>

> I don't have those duplicates here and it compiles fine.

that is weird, considering the hcs's autobuild logs of last night, where
 it seems like every single build of Gem failed with

g++ -c -I/sw/include -g -O2 -fPIC -freg-struct-return -Os
-falign-loops=32 -falign-functions=32 -falign-jumps=32 -funroll-loops
-ffast-math -faltivec -fpascal-strings  -I/sw/include -I/sw/include/FTGL
-I/sw/lib/freetype219/include -I/sw/lib/freetype219/include/freetype2
-I..  -I/usr/include/FTGL -I/usr/include/freetype2
-I/Users/pd/auto-build/pd-extended-release/pd/src  pix_record.cpp -o
pix_record.o
pix_record.h:128: error: declaration of 'int pix_record::m_maxFrames'
pix_record.h:120: error: conflicts with previous declaration 'int
pix_record::m_maxFrames'
pix_record.h:128: error: declaration of 'int pix_record::m_minFrames'
pix_record.h:120: error: conflicts with previous declaration 'int
pix_record::m_minFrames'
pix_record.h:149: error: 'static void pix_record::minMessCallback(void*,
t_floatarg)' and 'static void pix_record::minMessCallback(void*,
t_floatarg)' cannot be overloaded
pix_record.h:150: error: 'static void pix_record::maxMessCallback(void*,
t_floatarg)' and 'static void pix_record::maxMessCallback(void*,
t_floatarg)' cannot be overloaded
make[3]: *** [pix_record.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [Pixes] Error 2
make[1]: ***
[/Users/pd/auto-build/pd-extended-release/Gem/src/Gem.pd_darwin] Error 2
make: *** [extended_install] Error 2

>     i am still wondering what these new messages will do...no record backend
>     uses it and i had to add the new variables to record.h (this is already
>     in CVS).
>     i guess you have some record*.cpp which do make use of the new
>     stuff, so
>     it would be interesting if you could commit those too :-)
>

> These messages are specific to the work I do.  I don't expect anyone
> else to find them useful but they don't affect anything if not used.

i expected something like this.
do you think they might be generally useful (even if not "mainstream")?

mfg.asdr