[GEM-dev] [ pd-gem-Bugs-1809301 ] problem with alpha channe

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Oct 8 09:33:23 CEST 2007

Bugs item #1809301, was opened at 2007-10-08 00:33
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=507079&aid=1809301&group_id=64325

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I am finding that gem is doing things very differently in two versions. The attached patch is slightly simplified from what I am running but the essence is running 3 versions of the same movie on 3 'screens' using [pix_threshold] and [pix_alpha] to selectively hide elements of the pictures at the front.
This works fine when I use pd-extended0.38
When I try it with pd-extended0.39 (from
http://at.or.at/hans/pd/installers.html ) it doesn't work. The pictures on the
front 'screens' are all turned blueish but the selections aren't removed.

I am running this on an intel Mac OSX10.4 I would be happy to stick with 0.38 but other things aren't working
correctly with it, and I can't even run two versions in parallel because hans' version
handles libraries internally, and gets confused when there is a preference file like the older version wants