[GEM-dev] /usr/include/GL/glext.h:7221: error: 'GLchar' has not been declared

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Oct 10 18:43:58 CEST 2007

On Oct 10, 2007, at 11:22 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> It seems things have changed on Debian/testing:
>
> i still cannot reproduce this here on my testing/unstable machine.
> i currently do not have the nvidia-glx-dev package installed (which
> would also provide the openGL headers), but instead i have
> installed mesa-common-dev_7.0.1-2_all.deb (which is just the
> package used in lenny)
>
> Gem compiles just fine here.
>
> hmmm,...

Strange, the auto-build machine has the same:

pd at debian-testing-i386:~ > dlocate glext.h
mesa-common-dev: /usr/include/GL/glext.h
pd at debian-testing-i386:~ > dlocate -l mesa-common-dev
| Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-
installed
uppercase=bad)
||/ Name             Version          Description
ii  mesa-common-dev  7.0.1-2          Developer documentation for Mesa

> - 'cd Gem/src'
> - 'make'

Did you try it with the same ./configure flags as the nightly build?
You can run that same build by doing this, then it dies:

cd packages
make gem

.hc