[GEM-dev] Error messages with AVI

hugo ramirez cotetrix at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 18:53:35 CEST 2007

Dear Gem developers.
I have a problem with this error message:

error: GEM: pix_film: Could not set palette:
C:/Programme/pd/doc/examples/Gem/04.pix/../data/vp.avi
GEM: pix_film: Loaded file:
C:/Programme/pd/doc/examples/Gem/04.pix/../data/vp.avi with 225 frames
(120x160)
The thing is that I am running the Pd version 0.38.4-extended-RC8.
When i try the film.pd example inside the examples/gem/pix, the
homer.aviworks fine. But when i try my videos, even if they are
compress an with the same size. PD crashes and i get the error message. I
read that there is a problem with certain codecs.
but I justed to have another machine, an IBM, now i have a Toshiba(both with
Win XP), and i the old one even non compress video worked with the example.
but in this "new" machine
i doesnt work, maybe is the video card (ATI mobility radeon 64 MB). or is it
somethimng else?
Please help me in this one.
 with gratitud

Hugo from Chile