[GEM-dev] [PD] proper alpha channels in GEM?

Patrice Colet pat at mamalala.org
Wed Oct 24 16:28:00 CEST 2007

Hi Ben,

B. Bogart a écrit :
> Hi Patrice,
>
> ImageMagick on my debian etch machine does exactly what your wanting it
> to, I suppose perhaps you have an older version of imageMagick?
>
> The attached screenshot shows my imageMagick version, and that it does
> indeed work for me.
>
> Tested in Gem and it indeed works.
>
> Not sure what is wrong on your end.
>
> .b.

  I've made some tests with ubuntu, Gem displays the converted file with
the alpha, no problems...

  In fact the problem come from the windows release of Gem (XP at least).

  All 0.91 dll versions crashes pd (both 0.39-3 and 0.41).I'll try soon
to compile Gem.dll to have more info about that.

  The 0.90.1 snapshot doesn't display the tiff images made with convert,
the image is well displayed only if I enable the alpha channel and
disable other channels with photoshop (or gimp).

  Fortunately for me, my video server will run under linux in the long
term, but it's unfair to not having the same abilities with both platforms.