[GEM-dev] gem color bug

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 03:44:42 CET 2007

On 10/29/07, marius schebella <marius.schebella at gmail.com> wrote:

> I did not know that for coloring I do not need pix_alpha. sorry. so with
> pix_rgba and color I can color all white pixels. nice.

I don't think pix_rgba is needed either.  On OSX any image file with a
working alpha can be directly uploaded to the GPU and the alpha should
work.  Also, Animation and None codec movie files will do the same.

otoh, the real bug seems to be in pix_alpha. it does not replace black
> pixels with alpha, but with blue... (?)

pix_alpha makes a fake alpha channel from averaging the R G B channels.
This is not the right object to use if the image already has a pre-computed
alpha channel.  It is possible that there is a bug in pix_alpha on Intel
though.