[GEM-dev] colorspaces mac

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Nov 8 09:54:48 CET 2007

marius schebella wrote:
> Hi,
> I don't know if that helps, but here is what I get when I connect a
> pix_info to a pix_image:
> colorspace 32993. (which is supposed to be GL_BGRA). is this what it
> should be?

on apple it should.

> when I connect pix_image to pix_color (and texture and square) the image
> is messed up (colors are yellowish blue and luminance are somehow combined).
> when I connect pix_image to pix_yuv the image appears blueish and I get
> colorspace 34233 (GL_YCBCR_422_APPLE).

this might be a minor bug in the color-conversion routines (depending on
the quantity of blueishness), but should not be related to your other
problems.

> [color] works (colorspace 32993).

[color] does not have anything todo with the pix-colorspaces. it is
always in RGBA and works on Geos instead of Pixes.

> another problem is this:
> [pix_image]
> [pix_rgba]
> [pix_texture]

> when I rename the object pix_rgba to pix_color, then the image gets
> yellow. but then even when I disconnect pix_color and go directly from
> pix_image to pix_texture the image stays yellow, until I reload the
> image (then it is fine again).

this is "normal" behaviour, and has to do with the way Gem tries to
minimize operations.
if you don't like it, you can file a feature request (i don't think it
is a real bug)

mfg.as