[GEM-dev] gem compiling on os x

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Nov 9 14:06:46 CET 2007

chris clepper wrote:
> ImageMagick is not used on OSX.  Maybe this is the problem with
> pix_image and the extended builds?
>
> Hans, if you are reading this, can you post the config info for the
> nightly builds?  It might be possible that the wrong lib is opening
> files on the Mac.

according to the autobuild-logs
(http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/latest/logs/) it is:

./configure --without-x --without-ImageMagick \
	--without-tiff --without-jpeg --without-mpeg --without-mpeg3 \
	--without-ieee1394 --without-aviplay --without-avifile --without-ffmpeg \
	--with-ftgl-includes=/sw/include --with-ftgl-libs=/sw/lib \
	--with-pd=/Users/pd/auto-build/pd-extended/pd

> On Nov 8, 2007 11:45 AM, marius schebella <marius.schebella at gmail.com> wrote:
>> hey,
>> the problem when I try to compile something that includes more than 2
>> files, is, that it always fails at the first 99 attempts.
>> I don't know how to turn off text stuff, or other things that I am
>> probably missing. I also don't understand the current flags, but always

a very good idea is to check "./configure --help"
to turn off FTGL, chances are high that you would add something like
"--without-ftgl" to the configure flags.

hope this helps.

>> have to smile when I read about the fun rolls that loop
>> marius.

 > PS --funroll-loops is -f for flag and unroll-loops takes a loop and
 > restructures it so there are more instructions per loop pass.

but that is less fun than looping rolls...

mfga.rd