[GEM-dev] pix_video and ffmpeg

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Nov 12 09:54:10 CET 2007

Jozef Henzl wrote:
> Oh, and I've got another problem with pix_film and gem 0.90.1-cvs
> The ffmpeg part is hardly deprecated, because it's using img_resize, which was
> disabled a few months ago in a libffmpeg.
> A new approach is to use libswscale. which is a part of the new ffmpeg
> versions.
> I was able to hack it myself, but it should be updated in Gem asap. Pd and GEM
> on recent linux distros will throw a undefined symbol error when loading Gem
> lib.
> (there are another issues with type casting, which casues incorrect auto-play
> function. i can send a patch, but it's a mess so far)

ffmpeg-support in Gem is currently considered unstable (mainly due to
the ever changing API of ffmpeg; i know that this is usually handled by
including a specific ffmpeg snapshot in the sources, but i still don't
want to do that)

apart from that, i have somewhere on my harddisk a [pix_ffplay] which
should work (but does not yet), and of course there is [pdp_ffplay] :-)

fgmadsr
IOhannes